Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

The Healing Touch

Uggh! Uggh!  I'm sick with a chest cold that is kicking my butt and I'm trying to stay away from Ed so he doesn't catch it.  It's a double edge sword.  On one hand, he is having to do things for himself which is good because I will be going back to work soon.  On the other hand, I can't sit next to him, give him a hug, etc.  When Ed is feeling bad he lowers his head on to his left hand and stretches out his other hand so that I can hold it.  He calls this "the healing touch." no healing touches today. 
You may think that my blogs are too optimistic considering the situation.  Yes, I know that Ed's disease is serious.  but I rather spend my time helping him feel optimistic because I've learned that the emotional state of the person really matters in recovery.  Ed is looking a bit more jaundiced, has a lot of belly fluid, his legs are swollen and he started doing the gagging action that he did before.  I hope that this gets better when I get better.  His anxiety level will improve and his physical systems will improve.

  Have you seen the tv show the biggest looser?  Every week the participants weigh themselves and who ever stays above the line gets to stay another week.  The people above the line are still overweight but they managed to do what it takes to stay for another week.  Thanks for checking out my blog ... stay strong and confident and above the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment